Spicy Serrano Turkey Burgers
Often, the downfall of entertaining is spending the entire night cooking which leaves no time to enjoy the company of your guests. This is an easy recipe that can even be made the day before. In fact, I suggest making it the day before in order to let the spices diffuse into the ground turkey.
As a physician, I recommend using organic turkey meat as most other brands use hormones, antibiotics and preservatives that you should definitely not put into your body.
1 lb. Organic Ground Turkey
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
1 fresh Serrano Pepper diced finely
1/2 of a Red Onion diced finely
1/2 cup of chopped fresh Cilantro
1 Tbsp. fresh minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Cayenne
1. Mix all of the above ingredients together. Don’t mix too much as this will result in a very dense burger.
2. Form into 4 large patties.
3. Preheat grill to the highest temperature possible. This will allow the outside to become crispy without overcooking the center.
4. Sear for approximately 5 minutes per side or until the center reaches a safe temperature of 165 degrees F. You don’t have to add cheese as this is already incorporated into the burger.
5. Place on a steamed or lightly toasted bun.
6. Add mayonnaise mixed with fresh chopped cilantro to the bun.