Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Popovers
February 13, 2013 Recipes
Popovers are basically the American version of Yorkshire pudding. They are hollow rolls made from batter, similar to that which you would make for crepes or pancakes (although no sugar is added in this case). They are very easy to make and require only a few ingredients. I decided to stuff them with cheddar but you could use any type of cheese you prefer as long as it melts well.
1 cup of all purpose flour
1 cup of milk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp of salt
6 one inch cubes of cheddar cheese
Final Yield: 6 medium sized popovers
1. Mix or whisk all ingredients together until a smooth batter forms.
2. Spray your popover pan or muffin pan with oil.
3. Fill each section 1/4 full with the batter.
4. Add a 1 inch chunk of cheddar cheese to each section (as you can see I started with a smaller piece and then decided to add more).
5. Add more batter on top to cover the cheese. Each slot should be approximately 2/3 full.
6. Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes. Do not open the oven or they will deflate.
7. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F without opening the oven and cook another 15 minutes.